home

Thursday, November 8, 2012

stuff

can i just brain dump on you? thank you, much obliged. 
  • perhaps i used the phrase "much obliged" because i'm almost done with season 2 of downton abbey. i just love watching that show. i watch it when i'm in the mood to just be. and enjoy the british accents. 
  • we were at a friend's house today and finley's little friend, charissa, let him bring some of her toys home and as she handed him toys, finley said, "oh, thank you so much!" i loved that.
  • when we go to the grocery store, finley can now walk alongside me instead of sitting in the cart. this is a wonderful thing. audrey can now sit in the top part and she's much happier there. anyway, we were at the store today and finley grabbed a pack of lofthouse cookies and put them in the cart saying, "we need these, mommy!" couldn't argue with that one i tell ya.
  • audrey throws a major fit once a day because she wants a dum dum. so endearing.
  • 2 weird pregnancy things lately: i can't get enough of ramen noodles and cereal. specifically, golden grahams, cocoa puffs, and fruity pebbles. i'm well on my way to proper, slow weight gain.
  • jake and i are going on a date on monday. ooooh la la. 
  • THANKSGIVING is 2 weeks away!!!!! it's my favorite food of all time, ever. however, it's my MOM's cooking that i love. i'm going to have to do my best i suppose. 
  • finley randomly comes up to me and sits on my lap and says, "you're my best friend!" i hope he always feels that way. i'm sure he won't.
  • so so thankful morning sickness is still at bay. only bummed that i have a cold with a very sore throat. thankful for the $.25 icee's during happy hour at the closest gas station. 
  • i really do love being a mom.
  • i usually have no idea what i'm doing as a mom.
  • so excited to see my family and friends in portland in a little over a MONTH!
thanks for reading all these thoughts. God is good to us. so thankful for my sweet little family and our house and the orange trees and soy chai and cardigans. 

love to you.
mer                  

2 comments:

  1. My sis and I just started Downtown Abbey! I typically cringe at the idea of watching a period piece but I am hooked. We just borrowed season 2 and will start our marathon tomorrow.

    :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soy Chai is the best!!!! MMM it's like Christmas in a cup!
    Congrats on baby#3!!
    love you
    -Juliann

    ReplyDelete