home

Saturday, November 17, 2012

breakfast and clouds

can anyone out there explain the following phenomenon to me:
i make my children breakfast. say, waffles with cream cheese (their fave), cereal, toast, eggs, etc. they eat about 3 bites. audrey screams in her highchair asking to get down. meanwhile, i am in the kitchen getting myself food. i bring it into the room where they are. get audrey out. she INSTANTLY comes running over to me saying, "biiite!" i typically have the exact same breakfast as them, yet, they want MY food. someone help me. 
i remember as a kid i used to think my dad made the best ice water in the world. i know. ice water. but i was convinced if he made me my ice water, it would taste better. and it always did. there's gotta be something to this weirdness. i'm hoping it has something to do with being created to want what our Heavenly Father wants. maybe what our parents have really does taste better. who knows.

total change of subject...north carolina is SO sunny. it's rained probably 10 times total since we moved here almost a year ago. people here love their sunshine. i was out the other day and i overheard a woman on her phone behind me saying, "yeah, but it's so yucky outside it's hard to get anything done." y'all, it was like 55 degrees and kind of cloudy. the overcast skies were in the process of breaking up. i miss the clouds. i really do. my perfect day is about 55 degrees with total cloud clover. not raining really, just cloudy. being in portland for so long, you see how people cherish the sun. in april when the first sunny day happens after winter, it's like people wake up and come out of hibernation. here, if there's one cloudy or rainy day, people hate it and just want their sun back. i suppose we're all trained and shaped by our circumstances. good thing i'm going to portland a MONTH from tomorrow and i'm sure i will get my fill of rain and clouds :). i know that i'm less of the norm though. most people prefer the sunshine. not sure what that says about me.

it's saturday morning. i just made pancakes and while audrey has a tray full of them, she's at my feet begging. ah well. sharing is caring, right? 

sure hope you guys have an awesome weekend! 
love y'all.

mer    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment