home

Thursday, August 30, 2012

busy what? and confession.

hey there. we have had a BUSY week around here! wait, a what? what's that word? busy? never heard of it. 

well, we have, in fact, had a BUSY week. let me tell you about it. sunday we had a bbq over at josh n' joy's house. she had some family in town, and my new FRIEND christi and her family came. she has 2 girls and we worked together at a few weddings and we are friends now. amazing, i know. sooo, we had the bbq on sunday. monday was low key. we just went to the y, hung out, ate dinner, and i worked all night- remember? tuesday, me and the kids went the y, did naps and all that, ran to the grocery, and then we had some more NEW friends over for dinner. there's this guy named patrick who works at the business and he's great! he's like my little brother. we invited him and his girlfriend over for dinner. i made chicken alfredo and we ate and chatted and ate dessert. fun night! on wednesday, jake told the wedding coordinator of the business, amanda, that he would fix her porch. part of it was falling down. so we all went! me and the kids hung out with amanda while jake worked. cici's has this $3.99 buffet for lunch on weekdays, so you KNOW we hit that up for lunch. and finley and audrey both still eat free. SWEET! on wednesday night, we were invited over to a couple's house from church (spanky and lara). jake volunteers with spanky on sunday mornings setting up church. spanky does like, everything at the church. they have 3 kids and we enjoyed some meatball subs at their house while all the kids played. it was really fun! and so refreshing to be at someone else's house :) THEN today, me and the kids went to christi's house for a playdate! her oldest daughter is in school, but has a 4 year old who was home. we ate lunch and finley explored ALL of their toys :) it was another fun time. plus, she lives right by sonic! and you know i stopped for my vanilla diet coke. oh, the little things. tonight, joy and i went on our weekly starbucks date where i work and she works on her master's class. always enjoyable! 

PLUS, in all the spare time, i've been work-work-working! staying up too late and not watching nearly enough 24! ;)

SEE, it has been a busy week! and my body feels it, LOL! it's been nice and refreshing being out and socializing with other humans. 

i've been trying to think of a confession thursday... any ideas? haha! here's a bit of a silly one. when i have infants, i never put bibs on them. if you know babies, you know bibs are completely acceptable and often necessary. i never used them. for real, like, ever. my mom asked me all the time why i didn't put bibs on them when clearly, they needed them. the front of their clothes were covered in drool, milk, spit up, or baby food. ewww. i think my logic has always been, well, if i have to wash a bib, i might as well wash the whole shirt. or something extremely scientific like that. maybe when imaginary baby #3 comes along i will enter the world of bibs. and perhaps find that they are quite useful and convenient. maybe. :)

what i've been dwelling on lately:

"bind my wandering heart to thee." i am very prone to wander. and oh, how i need Him to keep me close. 

hope all is well. 

love to you.
mer
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of the name spanky before. That is interesting. I went to Sonic for the first time when I was in Washington this summer and I really liked the strawberry colada slushy drink that I had. I remember going to CiCi's in Florida for a $5 supper buffet. Crazy cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this quote...

    "Not all who wander are lost."

    Another way to think about souls...

    ReplyDelete