home

Thursday, September 20, 2012

here and there

hey out there. long time no see, huh? seems so to me. life's been flying and crawling by. know what i mean? i'm not sure how the days keep passing, but they just do. we've had a pretty good week around here. i went to my second sewing class... and successfully sewed several stitches, thank you very much. even learned to do ruffles! watch out! lol. for real, i'm really enjoying it. i also went to my first bible study on wednesday morning with joy at central church. it was great! we're studying Nehemiah. there's a big group time where the teacher, glenda, teaches and then we break into small groups to discuss more/share. it was refreshing and most of the mom's in there have little ones so we have a lot in common :) me and joy both really liked it. 
THEN, jake and i went to our first small group with our church at spanky and lara's house. you guys, it was so great! (not just saying that cause lara reads my blog :)) we really did love it. and we had taco salad for dinner which is the key to my heart. there are 6 couples including us and everyone is so welcoming and loves each other a lot. we feel blessed to be part of it. 

mom and steve come tomorrow! yeehaw! getting all prepared, *cough cleaning my bathroom *cough, making beds, and all that jazz. 

i skyped with vanessa today and that was sweet and refreshing. so nice to see old friends and catch up. i am very thankful for skype. the distance seems shorter.

so, all in all, life is moving right along for us. i feel like i say that all the time. this season of life is so like that. raising little kids is such a weird thing. life is so slow and so fast at the same time. 
i'll let ya know how the trip with mom goes. i'm sure you'll be jealous :) 
you guys, i sure love you and am thankful you read this and love me too. 

g'night... remind me to put away the MASSIVE pile of laundry behind me. it's taunting me and is so not appropriate to have out when guests arrive. it's no joke, like 5 loads. i have a problem. 

love.

mer

1 comment:

  1. I heard this quote which I think is SO true: "The days are long but the years are short."

    ReplyDelete