home

Thursday, July 12, 2012

confession thursday 2

hey y'all guys. is that redundant? what a wonderful week we've had around here at the greer house. why, you ask? let me just tell you. 
last friday i received two of the greatest gifts anyone, my husband, could ever give me. a little back story... i.love.watching.the.ellen.show. i have a deep love for the ellen degeneres show. ever since i became a stay at home mom, ellen has become part of our day around here. i suppose like soap operas or oprah was is the days of our moms. when we lived in portland, jake worked for the cable company and a perk of that was that we had the largest cable package for free. it was nice. we would never pay for it. sooooo, when we moved here, i said bye bye to ellen. no more 3 o'clock post naptime ellentime. it was truly sad to me. i would often stay up at night watching ellen clips on you tube. it is my dream to visit the show someday. ellen kept me up on all current events. everything i knew about the outside world was thanks to ellen. okay... i'm being dramatic. sort of. but i really like watching ellen. 
... fast forward to last friday when my dear of a soul, husband brought home rabbit ears he bought me and hooked up the tv to get THE ELLEN SHOW! glory, hallelujah we are back in business and ellen has returned. allie block, i know that you truly know how much this means to me. now you can really come visit. 
secondly, last friday there was a wedding. i was under the impression all was normal and jake would be working all night. about 5 he came home and said he was just taking a break. he helped feed the kids/clean up and i was just doing our usual nightly stuff. well, at 6, when he told me he had to be back at work, there was a knock on the door and all of a sudden, our babysitter was there! i was shocked and looked it. jake said, "i'm not working. we're going on a date." glory, hallelujah again! man, what a great day! we had a wonderful date. went to dinner, got some cute house stuff at ikea, and saw the new spiderman movie (i LOVE spiderman movies, btw). what a guy. and it was so so nice to be surprised, completely surprised, with a night out with my boo. twas good. 

AND THEN, on sunday, my dear friend from old pine cove days, katy reed, came to visit! she was here until this afternoon and we had such a great time. did we see much of charlotte? no. we did go to wal mart, target, the Y, chick fil a, and the post office. ha! she just joined our normal life and is so low maintenance and was just here to be with us and it was so refreshing. what a treat to have friends visit. gives me the endurance to keep trekking on in this new city. 

this is already a long post, but so many yummy things i needed to update you about. SO, since i know you're dying of suspense.... onto installment 2 of confession thursday. 
here it is:

i.do.not.like.the.movie.dumb.and.dumber.

shock. gasp. no response. whatever your reaction, this is true. i just genuinely do not appreciate this movie. the reason why i feel it worthy to include as a "confession" is because i used to fake it. i used to pretend it was the funniest movie EVER. and i would make myself memorize lines to know them. pathetic? yes. high school? yes. in our youth group at church, everyone loved this movie. it was cool to like this movie. i always felt like "cool" girls like this movie. and that guys liked girls who loved dumb and dumber. please, someone tell me i'm not alone in this. ha! i think it's great if someone genuinely likes the movie to be proud of it and love it, but me, i just pretended. all through high school and some of college. i wanted to tell jake, though. i wanted him to know i didn't like the movie, because he did, in fact, really like it and thought it was hilarious. on our first "official" date, i told him. the cold, hard truth that i was not a true fan. he laughed and "appreciated my honesty". haha! i felt relieved then, and i feel relieved now. knowing the whole internet now knows my secret. and if anyone out there needs to confess the same thing, please know this is a safe place and no judgement will be given. nothingbutlovehere. 

phew. thanks again for listening. and catching up on our life. thankful for a good, fun week the Lord gave us. such little and big gifts all the time. be thou my vision. 

love to you. 

mer

3 comments:

  1. "...... oh. Samsonite! I was way off."

    I like the date. Great job Jake.
    I like that you get to watch Ellen!
    I like Dumb and Dumber. I'm sorry.

    The car was dressed to look like a dog.... I mean.... come on.

    Love you bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! i accept your like for the movie.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake is such a stud!!! My heart is happy for the joy those surprises brought you!!!

    ReplyDelete