home

Thursday, July 19, 2012

confess thurs 3

hi, there. i'm just thinking about how anyone who reads this has a lot going on in their world. there are so many of you i wish i could sit and have coffee with and hear all about it. i guess i'll settle for letting you hear about ours. 

finley has become quite the bossy big brother around here. and VERY protective of his fire truck, cars, and basically anything his hands have touched. when little audrey comes anywhere near, he just yells, "NO TOUCH, Auda! NO TOUCH!" haha. me and jake laugh about this. he just repeats the things we tell him to her. like i mentioned a while back, audrey doesn't just sit and take it. she yells back at him. yells. back. there's been lots of shouting in our house. i've been explaining to finley his "indoor voice". ha, good luck me. the babies are doing good though. both healthy and growing. finley knows all his letters and we hear him counting to himself often. i'm so thankful for them.

we're heading out on saturday for our family vacation. we're going to hilton head, SC. it should be nice. a week at the beach. i know at this stage of our life, vacay is actually much more work than just being at home, but you gotta get away. i'm looking forward to being out of the norm. 
well, as you know, it's thursday and i'm sure you're waiting very impatiently for me to do installment 3 of confession thursday! (i flatter myself :) ). 

here goes.

i use men's deodorant. and shaving cream. and occasionally, body wash.

eww. gross. meredith. TMI. i know that's what you're thinking. what kind of GIRL would use several men's cleansing and odor protection products? despicable. well y'all, i would. and do. for a couple years now, i've been using men's deodorant. well, you know how it is. sometimes you run out of deodorant. a perk to being married is there is someone else's riiiiiiiight over there on the other dresser. so one day, it was an emergency and i used jake's. sue me, okay! but you guys.... it works amazingly! no joke. it works much better then women's. perhaps, because it.is.made.for.gross.sweaty.stinky.MEN. but hey, i don't question it. since then, i haven't bought my own deodorant. yes, if you come close, i might possibly smell like a piney forest. but i mean, nobody comes that close! so, you would never know if i didn't confess this hidden trait. jake was given a HUGE box of free shaving cream from a friend and i have used it ever since then as well. this probably isn't so weird. but i never get razor burn when i use it. and my legs are so silky smooth. again, probably because big, hairy men use it for their FACE. and the body wash thing... well, i only use jake's if i'm out. it just sometimes lasts for weeks before i replace mine. and in the meantime i smell like irish springs. it's a liiiiiitle weird for jake. but only when he can smell his deodorant on me. hahahahha! i'm a weirdo. as i write this, i have come to that knowledge. perhaps it is weird. i am still a believer. and i would recommend to any girl, if that chick deodorant isn't cutting it, next time you're at target accidentally knock that beautiful, red old spice right there in your cart. act normal. and once you get home, hide it in your underwear drawer and no one will know. and you will have wonderfully smelling, non BO armpits. your armpits will thank me. 

now how is that for completely ridiculous?! 

i sure love you guys. thanks for reading. and i pray the Lord is your portion today. and His presence is known by you. 

love to you.

mer

5 comments:

  1. that's okay I wear women's deodorant because I like to smell like roses and I don't sweat anyway, nor does my BO stink like BO!

    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have old spice body wash in my shower right now!

    Have a great time at Hilton Head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are these people who I think are related to me??? J/K!!! I actually think many girlie things are a complete waste of time--though I usually opt for non-scented when making a less than girlie choice. This kind of carries over to candles too--hate, hate, hate flowery, cloying candle scents--makes me gag. But do love cinnamon/vanilla/apple pie if they are not too fricking sweet! Lotsa love to my old spice girls...and my ahem...powder fresh son! Hugs, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOU!!! You are so funny! Do you know that you're a good writer Mere? Seriously! I really like your flow and the way you can communicate tone and humor through your writing! I smile and laugh and wish we were together, and yet at the same time, feel like were a little bit closer. It reminds me of when I read the book "7" by this lady name Jen who lives in Texas. Afterwords I wanted to move there and be her bff just because of her writing style. Thankfully, I really do get to be YOUR good friend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete