home

Sunday, October 28, 2012

october randomness

it's nearing the end of a very exciting month. so you know what that means... I'M SO BEHIND IN MY PART-TIME, CALL MONITORING, BLESSING, WONDERFUL, ANNOYING, JOB. 
alas, i will proceed. one call at a time. and blog to distract myself in the meantime. 

how is life with you? i love october. it's my favorite month. it's still been in the high 70's or even 80's. so not october to me. the leaves are pretty, though. and it's getting colder now. it's supposed to be in the 50's all week, so i guess fall is finally here. 

last night i went to a youth group event at a local corn maze. i co-lead the high school girls group. everyone went through the corn maze with their small groups. sadly, the high school girls were very much last. lol! somehow, we got quite lost in that darn corn maze. but it was a bonding experience, no doubt. we arrived at the bonfire afterwards and everyone turned and clapped as we finally found our way to the rest of the party. it was indeed dramatic. and fun. i'm so glad i went and got to hang out with those chickas. we had a halloween party at the wedding business today. it was quite fun! between all the employees, there are a lot of kids! most of them dressed up and we had pizza and "trick-or-treated" to the daddies who were hiding all over the property with sacks of candy. ha! it was cute.

jake and i are getting really excited for our upcoming trip to portland for christmas. my 2 sisters and one of my brothers will be there too. i'm really looking forward to spending lots of time with people we really love and miss. 

i've realized this post is very statement-y

sometimes things happen in life i don't quite understand. i do know the sweet Lord cares and knows. i do know that our pain doesn't last forever. that He is Redeemer. that He is kind. knowing God is kind means something to me. in parenting, i work really hard at teaching my kids what kindness is. and that being kind is so very important. i am thankful i can run to Jesus and He will be kind and gracious to me. even in the teaching moments. the times when He's refining me and making me better. somehow, it is still kind. i long to be like that.      

it's 9:57 pm and finley JUST fell asleep. perhaps it was the fact that he had his own pumpkin FULL of candy and ate and ate just about whatever he wanted for an hour. yeah, that was probably it. remind me not to do that again.

well, except for this wednesday on the real halloween. he's going to be woody from toy story! and audrey's going to be a bumblebee! you KNOW there will be tons o' pictures. 

hope all is well with you. and if not, that the Lord's kindness will minister to your heart. 

love to you.

mer
     

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love October, too, because for us, it's birthday month! 4 of our birthdays are within 3 weeks of each other, so it's busy and fun! Yes, God's kindness continually amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Autumn. It is my favorite season. November is my favorite month, because well... because I was born in November, as were over half of my extended family! And well... I enjoy Thanksgiving and Easter way more than any other Holidays. :-) I love you!

    ReplyDelete