home

Monday, April 16, 2012

careful what you wish for

so you know how i've been talking about needing to work... well, there hasn't been much available to me. i considered emailing my boss asking for more, but i hesitated because i didn't really want the extra work. well, i got an email today saying there were some auto accounts they needed help with. so of course i volunteered to take ONE more account. well, they gave me 2 and both have a high call count (meaning there are many calls to score=work). sigh. i am grateful. we could use the money. especially for my upcoming trip to PORTLAND! YEEEESSS! can't wait to see all my lovely loved ones :) anyhow, i wished for more work. and more work i have received. just thought i'd share that with you. 
 i got to sneak away this afternoon for a little while. went and got a coffee and journaled. it was pretty lovely. i haven't had day time alone time in some time (ha :)) as i was out, i had a hard time focusing on being alone. i kept telling myself, "enjoy this!" "focus!" "connect with your inner meredith!" knowwhatimean? it wasn't like a life changing time alone, i gotta say. but it was nice. and i did enjoy myself. i just kept thinking of my 3 crazies at home, probably waking up from naps, jake holding down the fort, and i wanted to be home. to be with them. remind me i felt that way when tomorrow all i'm wishing for is a longer nap time :). oh my fickle heart. always wanting what is not in front of me. it's a sweet life i have, though. 
i was trying to do audrey's hair today (which was harder than earlier in the day when i wrestled a tiger). she's not exactly, how would you say... um... COOPERATIVE! it's like i'm doing something terrible to the poor child and she has to fight me off with all her might. however, i am the big one. and i will win if i want her hair in pig tails, gosh darn it. it may take some lotion or hair spray and jake holding her out in front of him while i give her my cell phone, candy, a knife (kidding!), anything to keep her occupied so i can just get those 2 hair ties nice and tight and in the right spot. that's the real battle. making them look cute and not just like 2 sticks of hair sprouting out her head.  anyway, it is a pretty funny sight. and audrey is absolutely, completely ridiculous in her disdain of getting her hair done. as i was trying i kept saying "oh dear!" "audrey, oh dear!" and finley was right there and in his little voice just says, "oh deaw". and it melted my heart. i don't know why. but i just loved it. i love when he repeats us randomly... although it happens much more frequently so we gots to be aware of little ears more so now. 
well, that's a little story from our day. hope yours was good, too. 
night.

love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment